Monday, October 11, 2010

Farewell from Frank Fraser


On my last day...
Many volunteers!

As I sit here and try to think of how to summarize my short  6 weeks of this build all that comes to mind is how lucky I am to be able to participate in this Habitat for Humanity community build. It has a special meaning as I cottage here  in Bala. Somebody asked me of all the builds I have been on which one stands out for you.  The answer I gave was you can't compare any of the builds to this one
Ellen
 as they are more corporate driven and this is more of a community driven build. All Habitat builds have the same agenda: Building Homes and Hope, but all I can say is this one is "very special" to me. Where else can you get to work with Santa.

Ellen 
Thank You for the opportunity to contribute and to be involved  in this project.


Nan and Rob
Rob 
Thank You (one of the Knobs) it has been a pleasure to work with you and it would be great if you could keep me informed on the build. My door is always open if you need any
assistance.
Nan (the Bala timex) 
Thank You for always starting my day with your good mornings and always being there.

Brian 
Thank You for all you hard work trying to keep the numbers up. I know a lot of Habitats would like to have someone like you in there corner. It been a pleasure.

Howard 




Frank; Howard pops in for a visit
won't say Thank You because... well, you know. It is a pleasure to meet you and if I can be of any assistance please don't hesitate to call.

All the Bills & Brians & Peters & Mikes & Toms & Willy's and all the other  Volunteers and friends I have meet on this build a special Thank You. Because without you nothing would ever get done.






Message from Ellen: 

Frank comes to us with much experience having participated in and supervised in excess of 50 builds in and around the Toronto area. And…he is also a long-time Moon River cottager.  


Frank has been described to me as someone who gives 100 per cent and better to Habitat and he lives and breathes Habitat every day when on the job.

No comments: